Thursday, November 13, 2008

How Do All You Women Do It?!?!

A la Matt B.

So, as most of you know, I watch Daniel during the day. He is totally a good kid, and a lot of fun most of the time, but sometimes not so much. I just can't believe that many of the women that I know do this for so many years and with so many kids. I don't know how you don't just completely lose your mind and put a gun in your mouth or start drinking alcohol or something. I love my son, and I love that I have this year to watch him and spend some special time with him, but it always seems like at the worst time like when I have to write an essay or study for a test he has one of his worst days. All the other times he's great! All of you women out there who are listening to this and are just laughing at me, I totally understand. Just know that I have a new found respect for women, and I know why men like to be the ones who go out and work...because it's a heck of a lot easier than dealing with this day in and day out. Don't worry about me though, I'm ok, just thought I would post an ode to all you lovely women, and dedicate this post to my mom who I seriously have no clue how she didn't kill me and hasn't killed Josh, you're amazing. Peace be the journey, I only have 5 weeks of school left forever!!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Congrats on being done with school. And my brother in law said that same exact thing when he was watching my nephew for the first year of his life. I just think you all are funny!

EvaMarieva said...

You are too funny. You are doing a great job and I am glad you get to experience it because so many men don't. Congrats on finishing school. We should throw you a FHE party or something.

Julie said...

That was awesome!!!! Sometimes I wonder how I survive and if I think too far ahead I get very very very tired! But I wouldn't trade it for the world. I would NEVER want to be the breadwinner and have to go to work everyday. I guess its just the way Heavenly Father made us! Anyhoo...Twee and I are wondering if you dressed up Danielson for halloween???? If you did...pictures please!

Lou Anne said...

Thanks for the dedication. Yes, being a mother is the most demanding job in the world and the most rewarding. Love you Matt and hopefully Josh makes it to adulthood! Congrats on school - you did it!!

Erin said...

Sorry Julie! I suck at blogging... tomorrow I'm going to post a whole bunch with milestones, halloween, etc...

Eric and Alison said...

Matt, that is super funny!!! Being at home with your kids takes an enormous amount of patience, but there are DEFINETLY those days where I either want to take myself out or the kids!!!! But then they smile or laugh at you, and it all becomes wonderful and rewarding again!!!!!
One tip, I found with the boys was the baby einstein videos! Makenzy is not home long enough to watch them, being that I am a taxi driver to her two big brothers, but those dvd's are amazing and very educational as well!
I know that you are doing an awesome job, because Daniel is such a happy baby!!! Keep up the good and hard work!!!!!!