Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Vote



So the election this year was bittersweet. I voted for McCain for lots of reasons so I was sad when he didn't win. However, on the plus side, Prop 8 passed, preserving traditional marriage in California. It was nice to see considering Matt & I had gone "tracking" around neighborhoods talking to people about prop 8 as part of the protect marriage coalition and also hanging reminder notices on poeple's doors. When your hard work pays off, it feels good. As many of you know there have been lots of ramifications before and after the election - signs were stolen or shredded, cars with bumper stickers were vandalized, and since the church has had to close down the temple one day due to protesting right outside the temple grounds. LouLou joked saying maybe Heavenly Father's showing his disapproval of protesting at the temple with the fires - not that farfetched if you ask me. But yay for Prop 8! I'm proud to be an American and I love that I get the chance to vote.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You should ask TJ what he thinks they should do to make the gays happy. He thinks they should create a new word that means gay people are married. He said that it should be called Farriage. But not to change the definition of marriage between man and woman. Good job going door to door and doing your part to help Prop 8 pass, you guys are rock stars. You can read my blog about the election if you really want to see how I feel about it.