I should probably apologize in advance for the crazy amount of pictures that is in this post, but I'm not because Cars Land rocks! We told Daniel that we would take him to Cars Land when Daddy didn't have work anymore. We meant like the week after he got out. Well, Matt finished early on Thursday June 21st and called us at like 11 when he was on his way home. He made the mistake of telling Daniel that he didn't have work anymore and Daniel said "so we go to Cars Land today?" I guess we did tell him that..so we went and bought passes that day and spent a few hours in Cars Land. Before I get to the actual experience, the Brinkerhoffs will get a kick out of this little antidote from the day before that. Daniel: "Mommy is Cars Land open yet?" Me: "Yes but we aren't going to go today." Daniel: "Well then WHO'S going to go?" It was a very Torrey/Josh moment!
Anyways, so my sister Lindsay came with us because she got us a discount on our passes and we walked right into Radiator Springs. It's not all that big but it is seriously like you're in the movie. I was going to talk about everything but it will seriously take up too much space!
The racers were broken the first day so we started at Luigi's Flying Tires. I haven't gone on the ride yet, so right now my favorite part is where you're at the front and Luigi gives instructions in English, then Guido comes on and gives the instructions in Spanish (though it sounds Italian in his accent) and then says "O-kay!" like he does in the movie. Maybe that sounds dumb but you'd think it was funny if you heard it. Daniel had a great time on it even though it was hard to get a beach ball once you threw the one you had.
The next ride was Mater's Tractors. This one looked super fun! While in line, they had all this stuff from all of Mater's Tall Tales so we took Matt's picture next to El Materdor. Becca and her friend Melissa had met up with us so they went on that ride with Daniel.
We decided that we would wake up early the next day to get to the Racers early. 30 minutes after California Adventure opened, there was a 2 hour wait for the ride. Yep, we did it. I went to Flo's and got us breakfast while they waited in line and oh my goodness was that food good! Daniel was soooo scared, he was gripping Matt's arm the whole time. They said the wait was totally worth it and it's the ride Daniel wants to go on first every time we go now.
While in Sarge's, we saw these small Piston Cups that said things on them and we couldn't help ourselves. We bought Daniel one that said Best Brother.
Then the following Monday, we had FHE at Cars Land because we wanted to see it all lit up. It looks so cool!




3 comments:
So much fun and so busy. We love you guys and are excited to see who Logan looks like. Take care!
Super fun! I can't wait to go with you guys when we are there!
So fun! Must admit I'm a little jealous! Wish we lived close to the Land, or the World ;) and could go frequently! Hoping to get the girls down there next summer-you wanna come?! :)
I have to say I love Daniels placement in the pic with you! Been watching his Daddy too much! Hee hee!!! Thanks for the update! Can't wait for one in person! Maybe I'll have to make a cali trip instead of a utah one!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment