Tuesday, March 24, 2009

One Reason I Enjoy Sacrament Meeting

Obviously Sacrament meeting is good, we love hearing the talks and most importantly taking the sacrament. Recently, we heard a talk where he mentioned that because of taking care of the kids, he felt like he didn't get anything out of the meeting. Amen to that! To be honest, I'm lucky I heard that because Daniel can sometimes be a handful. But the real reason we enjoy sacrament meeting is because of Daniel and the sacrament. He knows when he sees those deacons walk by holding something in their hands that he gets bread and water. And he gets super excited! And he notices that the row in front of or behind us get it first and he can't have any yet, he gets very upset. He will watch the deacons like a hawk. Then once he gets the water, he likes to turn the plastic cup around and suck on it like a pacifier. It usually makes the people around us laugh too so I feel bad for breaking the spirit but it's hard not to smile! It makes me happy! So here are some pictures I took with my phone of him with his sacrament cup.




Then my new favorite picture - Becca set an unopened can of Pepsi next to him in the car and he immediately picked it up and tried to drink it. Like mommy like son. Becca took the picture and text it to me with the caption "I'm hooked!"

5 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

That ia a highlight for us too. The cracking of the plastic and Brad's fit of giggles over Daniel's antics.

The Stevens Family said...

My mom was just telling me all about Daniel in Sacrament meeting!! She tried to explain the backwards cup in the mouth, but the pictures are so funny! He sure is a cute little guy!

Lindsay said...

I hear you on not being able to hear anything during sacrament meeting. I try my best though and my kids are getting to an age where it's getting easier. You still have awhile to go, sorry! I love that he gets so excited for the sacrament and sucks on the cup, he's so funny! And soda is the best, good thing he learned early!

The Hickens said...

Haha..... so funny:) He's a crack up. Don't worry he will eventually go to nursery and then you will be able to listen to the lessons.

Julie said...

Those pictures are hilarious!!! What a cute boy. No worries about the whole Sacrament thing. When we were at BYU our Stake President's wife, who was a mother of 10 told us that she had a testimony that as long as she studied her scriptures, conference talks, Ensign articles and such on her own time that Heavenly Father blessed her, through those things, to be spiritually uplifted and fulfilled. She said through the years and years and years of being in the hallways during meetings she never felt like she missed out on being uplifted. That's always stuck with me! As for "ruining" the Spirit in Sacrament Meeting with Daniel I disagree completely! I think nothing brings the Spirit like watching babies learn cause whether you know it or not those little tiny seeds of faith are already being planted in him and that's an amazing thing!