Tuesday, July 29, 2008

True California

Being that we live in Southern California and therefore in earthquake country, we happened upon Daniel's first earthquake. Matt was out with him in the car and didn't even feel it, much to his dismay. He really wanted to feel an earthquake. Apparently around the time it happened though Daniel started getting upset so Matt decided to drive around the parking lot to calm him and noticed that people were coming out of the buildings. I was at the district office in one of those little portable classrooms, you know the ones with no foundation. It jerked a little bit and then rolled for what seemed like forever but was only like 15 or 20 seconds. It wasn't really scary or anything and nothing was hurt or damaged but it was a 5.4 and they always catch you off guard.

Also, being a true Californian, Daniel wore sandals and a really cute "surfer" outfit today so of course I took a picture!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great picture.

Eric and Alison said...

Oh, do we have a future surfer in our midst?!
I am surprised that Matt didn't feel the earthquake being that he was in the car-I was in the car and I thought that I had a flat tire.....I ended up pulling over to check and see what was wrong with my car and Eric had called to tell me that we were having an earthquake....I was so happy nothing was wrong with my car!!! We forget about earthquakes because we don't have many....but this totally reminds us of them, doesn't it!!!!!

EvaMarieva said...

Our fedEx guy didn't feel it either but it was a doozy up on the 8th floor for me. I love the picture-he is a true surfer boy.

Kevin and Neysa Rummmler said...

We loved watching Daniel in Sacrament meeting. He is such a cute baby. I love his surfer outfit.

Lindsay said...

Too bad for Matt! I hope that he never does feel an earthquake! Because you will be living here soon (hopefully!) and we don't have earthquakes! Daniel is adorable!

Ali B. said...

Daniel is so cute!!! I am excited to see him again soon!!