Saturday, August 09, 2008

Rock Band and Adventures in Naptime

So last Monday was our friends' 7 year anniversary, Mike & Eva. Congrats to them! And being the spazzes we all are, they had a rock band party to celebrate with all their friends. We were asked to dress up like 80s rockers to get the full effect, which we gladly did. Luckily for me, my sister Lindsay had to dress like that for one of her performances for the last choir show so I was decked out in a guitar legend tee, zebra leggings, and a platinum blonde wig. Matt wore his guitar hero pants, a white button up shirt (partially unbuttoned) with a loose tie, dress shoes and wristbands. While we didn't have much for Daniel, he was wearing his "Famous" onsie, sunglasses, and Auntie Lindsay's prop microphone. It was super fun! And in all the photos I was getting, I realized I didn't have one of Mike & Eva (because Eva spent most the night taking pictures) but they're in a few of the group shots.

Brooke & Brad - he's wearing her jeans...
Celeste & Rowdy
Mark & Beth
Mike's on the drums

Eva's on guitar in black & yellow

Lately, Daniel's taken to some weird things during naptime. In the first one, we were playing together on the bed and he decided that he was tired and immediately fell asleep - with a finger in his wide open mouth. The second one is taken from the outside of the crib. He sleeps with his arms straight out a lot when he's in his crib and he's recenty found, while he's still asleep mind you, that he can grab the bottom of the crib bumper. It's super cute but it's beginning to make me think I need to forgo the bumper...

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

That party looks like so much fun! I want to have an 80's party! Your kid is so freakin' adorable! I love the finger in his mouth and his little hand holding onto the bumper, he's just so cuddly!

EvaMarieva said...

Thanks for dressing up and celebrating with us in our non traditional anniversary. It was a blast to spend the time with you. Daniel was a trooper and is so cute. Thanks for sharing his fun stories and cute pictures.

The Hickens said...

Yes! Rockband party! I loved your outfits. That was fun times.:)