Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Letter to me...

My turn! A la Brad Paisley, here's what I would tell myself if I were to write a letter to my 17 year-old self.

1. DON'T STEADY DATE IN HIGH SCHOOL!!! It's not worth it and neither is he.
2. Talk with your sisters more about the church.
3. Date lots of different types of people - they all bring something to you, even the bad dates.
4. Stay late after stake conference June 2005 - your future husband is there looking for you.
5. Save all the money that you can in college and buy a house or condo - it will be really hard to buy later on in California.
6. You'll end up driving in snow one day. Seriously. No, seriously.
7. Get a double major - liberal studies for elementary school and math for jr high and high school. It'll make finding a job at a high school so much easier!

I tried to get Matt to do one too but apparently since none of the other husbands have done it, he wants to be cool like them. Oh well....

6 comments:

Jason St.Clair said...

Matt wishes he was as cool as other husbands! He'll have to brush up on his Catch Phrase skillets.

Julie said...

Nice! I like the driving in the snow part and the part about not going to the singles ward after Stake Conference.

Lindsay said...

Matt, be cooler than you're being and do a letter! Also, Erin, are you not happy that you met Matt? I was confused about that one.

Erin said...

Ya, my mom said the same thing Lindsay! I meant that Matt was at Stake Conference and I missed him because I left so fast to get to the singles ward. I fixed it now though!!!

Ali B. said...

I love the letters they are so fun to read!

Lindsay said...

Helllooooo! Are you still alive? We need to see more prego pictures since you are less than 4 weeks away from your due date!