Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Calling all Women!!!

Alright ladies, I need another opinion. For those of you who have had children and those who haven't yet - what are your thoughts about having the birth of your baby video taped? It would be the view from the woman's head so no actual va-jay-jay shots or anything. But in order to get video of baby's entrance into the world, I would assume that there would probably have to be some shot of the woman, ya know, legs spread in all their glory. What are your thoughts? I want honest opinions cuz I'm trying to get a feel for what's either happened, what you've refused to let happen, or just what could happen. I look forward to all the feedback. That means I need more than just the same 3 people!!!

5 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

I don't think it would be a bad idea. When we were visting tecahing Kate once she showed us their video and it was really tasteful and you could see the excitement and love. They also didn't tape her pushing or the actual birth. They turned it off for that and then taped immediately after and the babies first bath and Kate holding Lily. I would definetly do something like that.

Anonymous said...

My sister has taped for several people and had hers taped as well. I personally would only want the last few minutes of pushing and when the baby came out but from the mother's view not the doctors. They film it really well on "A Baby Story" on TLC. It's very tasteful. I wouldn't have Matt filming though-he needs to be experiencing. I'd be happy to if you'd like.
Our hospital would not allow videotaping or else I probably would've.

Lindsay said...

I would definitely film it! A tasteful view is a must though! You will love having it and being able to watch it over and over again! There's nothing like the emotions that you experience in the delivery room. And Alison is quite a good photographer, maybe she could come and help you out!

Julie said...

I'm all for videoing! But beware...a lot of doctors and/or hospitals don't allow taping of the actual delivery because of malpractice stuff. Make sure you ask your doc before you get your heart set one way or another. We weren't allowed to record Reecey's, but that was okay because we don't have any of the other kids either...not that I was opposed, we just didn't do it.

Jason St.Clair said...

Gross!