Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Utah & New Hair

Last week, Matt & I drove up to Cedar City, Utah to visit my grandparents. The drive was not bad at all and we somehow managed to time our leaving so we missed any traffic in Orange County and Vegas, a pretty miraculous feat, and still get there well before dinner. Monday we were all able to hang out on the beautiful deck my grandparents have. It's a pretty amazing house overall and since everything is new, it's really pretty. Anyways, we hung out on the deck where we had dinner. I should also mention that it rained everyday we were there. Not all day but there were times when it was down right pouring. On Tuesday, I got a call from my Uncle Rich who happened to be on his truck route that sent him through Cedar City today, which has never happened. So we all went to have breakfast with him before he had to take off but it was a nice little surprise to see him. Later that day, we went to Kolob Canyon & the Perowan Petroglyphs. Kolob Canyon was beautiful & seeing those ancient writings was really cool. Matt thought he saw this cave at the Petroglyphs that he wanted to go into but realized that he was climbing the side of a mountain in flip flops. Wednesday though was awesome. We started out by stopping at Cedar Breaks, where my grandparents by the Night Sky Edition of Monopoly, then drove through Red Rocks Canyon & up into Bryce Canyon. We drove as far as you could up & through the mountains & stopped on our way back at all the stops. At our first stop there was this Chipmonk that was posing for us. We named him Stan. Then we had lunch & were feeding the animals (which we found out later we weren't supposed to do. Apparently they don't develop good food gathering skills, but we didn't see the sign until like 3 stops later) & there was this other chipmonk, Cleo, that was actually eating out of my hand. Who knew they liked bbq chips? We also saw this awesome poster of a skunk that is included in the montage. It rained on & off a good portion of the time we were in Bryce Canyon but the views were awesome. Matt & I even went down on a little trail where Matt of course took his trademark picture. That night we played the new Monopoly & were doing fine until my Grandma gave into Matt & traded him so he could have a monopoly. It was all downhill from there! We left on Thursday but we had a great time seeing how beautiful the canyons were & just spending time with the grandparents. A big thank you to them for inviting us up there & showing us around. It's definitely something we want to do again.



Now, on with the new hair. I've been noticing lots of gray (might have something to do with the profession I chose) so I decided that it was time to get rid off them. Which is quite a big deal for me since I've never colored my hair before, with the exception of some highlights I got before the wedding. So Matt & I went & bought a box that was going to make my hair a nice auburny color. Neither of us had any clue what we were doing & my hair still had gray, though a little less, and there were the most awesome streaks & lines in places but overall my hair looked exactly the same. So I went to the Paul Mitchell School yesterday & got it done. It took 4 bowls of color, 2 people, & 3 hours but the finished product is good. It's a little darker than I thought but I hear it'll lighten up so we shall see!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your trip sounds fun and you saw some great scenery. I like your hair and can't wait to see in in person! See you Thursday!
Love,
Lo

Lindsay said...

I'm confused, was Matt really asleep in the driver's seat? I didn't even know you went to Utah, but it sounds like you had a good time. Nice hair! It's always fun to do something different. I can't believe you have gray hair, I think you're kidding.

Ali B. said...

Once you dye your hair you never stop so be warned!!