Saturday, January 12, 2013

Taylor's Farewell

Taylor got his mission call!  To...(drumroll) CALIFORNIA!  San Diego to be more specific.  Crazy that now that we can't just hang out with him, he's closer than he'll probably ever be to us!  His farewell was December 9th so the Friday before, we hopped on a plane to Colorado.  We decided that this was something we could not miss - not any of us.  From the moment he woke up that day, Daniel kept asking if it was time to leave for Colorado.  We left right after I got home for work and Logan was fantastic for his first ever plane ride.  He fell asleep not too long after take off, slept until about 30 minutes before we landed (just enough time for him to eat) and didn't make a peep except to flirt with the flight attendant.  This picture is when we landed in Denver.
Daniel kept telling Logan how exciting is was that they were going to Colorado.  This is him telling him that we were in Colorado and how exciting it was.
 Since we are a family of 4 now, and a big 4 at that with the 2 carseats, we rented a minivan for the weekend.  While I was getting Daniel into the car, he asked why we had this car.  I told him we were just borrowing it for a couple days.  So obviously he asked "Cuz no one wanted to pick us up?"  Aww, poor boy!  We had to explain it to him and I think he got it.
Saturday night we had Taylor's open house so there were lots of people, yummy food, and good times.  I went around taking pictures so I don't know who many of these people are sometimes but that's all good cuz Taylor does! 


 Grandad came into town for the occasion so he got to meet Daniel and Logan for the first time.  It was pretty neat to see him and he even brought old photos and geneology for us to see.
 On Sunday, Taylor gave a great talk and our little Brinkerhoff army got up and sang a medley of "As Sisters in Zion" and "Army of Heleman."  He flew to Utah the next Tuesday and reported to the MTC on Wednesday.  He left the MTC and reported to San Diego January 1st.  We are so proud of Taylor and what an awesome person he is and the great example he is to everyone around him.  Way to go Taylor!  And enjoy the nice weather for the next 2 years!



2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Taylor is a great Taylor! Good times in Colorado! And for the record, I would have come to pick you up!

Lauren said...

Those little guys of yours are stinkin cute!! I can't get over Logans hair, I love it!