Saturday, January 12, 2013

A Thanksgiving Benjamin House

So apparently we DO need turkey because the Friday after Thanksgiving my mom & Rick made a whole Thanksgiving dinner and invited us over.  The Tows were still sick so they didn't come (bummer!) but we had dinner and dessert and hung out.  Brent went black Friday shopping at Home Depot (it was a little ridiculous how excited he was) and he found this gingerbread house kit that was there so he bought it to make with Daniel and Clayton that night.  Of course it turned into just Daniel since Clayton wasn't there and if we're being honest I'm pretty sure Brent wanted to do it anyways and used the children as an excuse.  It's ok - we do it all the time!  But before the contractors went to work, we sat down to dinner with the plate of turkey, legs and all, right in front of Daniel.  And the following conversation happened:
Becca: Daniel, you know that's a cow right?
Daniel: No it's not.  It's a turkey.
Becca: Nope I saw - it's a cow.
Daniel: FAB, it's a TURKEY!
Becca: Oh yeah, how do you know it's a turkey?
Daniel: Cuz it only has 2 legs.
Ya we'll mark that as a point in Daniel's column...

After dinner, Uncle Brent and Daniel started on the gingerbread house.  Daniel couldn't figure out exactly what it was called so he called it a benjamin house.  Rick asked him "do you mean a gingerbread house?" to which Daniel replied "uh, that's what I said."  And can I just tell you how frustrated Brent got looking at the directions for how to put the pieces together.  Now they weren't super or anything and there were no words so going right off the pictures was a little weird so in his defense, it was a little frustrating.  But here's a picture of them trying to figure everything out.


Brent of course is doing most of the actual construction while Daniel decorated it with the candy.  At one point though while Brent is using the frosting as the glue, Brent said "Wow this frosting sucks."  Without missing a beat Daniel says "But it's delicious!"  Way to see the silver lining my boy.




Thanks Uncle Brenty for making a Benjamin house with me!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love the benjamin house. We bought one but then I put it in the cupboard and we forgot to make it. Next year, I guess!

Lauren said...

Ha ha!! We still have ours in the box too! I told Scott we could make Valentines houses! :) And Brent...the frosting sucks because its Bronco Orange! Ooohhh...too soon?!? :) Love ya Matt!