Throughout the past year, Becca, my mom, and I have gotten more involved with the OC Walk to Remember organization. It started when Becca began making the memory boxes. After she spent like every dollar she had on them, she contacted the director of the organization and told her what she was doing and was hoping for some financial help. The lady got donations and sent her like 500 more boxes and stickers with the organization's information on it to put inside the lids. We have been designated the official memory box volunteers. We've also helped out at community events and I was able to help get the roses ready for the Memorial Ceremony for the walk this year.

This year, we turned it into a much bigger event. This year our team consisted of our family, my mom, the Tows, Becca & Brad, Lindsay, my aunt Sherrie, cousin Shelby, my uncle Eric & his daughter Haley, my uncle Matt and his whole family, Becca's friend Tessa Canfield and her mom and fiance, and Lindsay's friend Deven. We even started a fundraising page in Nathan's honor and by the end of the event, we raised $1050! I am soooo grateful to those who donated to help out.
The walk this year was on October 6th. They had a lot more going on this year, with "running" bibs, temporary tatoos, and even a book give away. Right before the ceremony started, there was a rainbow in the sky. I didn't know this until this last spring but when you have another baby after a loss, it's called your "rainbow baby" so seeing the rainbow was kind of emotional seeing as though Logan is our rainbow baby. I felt like it was kind of a sign, like Nathan was happy about Logan and knew we hadn't forgotten him. Maybe that's stupid but it made me happy.
It was a really beautiful day and such a great opportunity to remember our precious Nathan. It was still very difficult but I think soon it will be easier to make it more of a celebration of Nathan.







2 comments:
What an amazing group! Thanks for sharing!
That's awesome that you were able to get so many people involved and raise so much money. What a great group to support and provide support to those who need it.
Post a Comment