Monday, May 17, 2010

Big boy

It's official. Daniel is sleeping in a big boy bed. We have a bed with a trundle that has a side rail to it so that's where he is. We tried it, albeit halfheartedly, over spring break hoping that he'd get the hang of it when I didn't have to go to work the next morning. Didn't take. I'm not sure why we decided to try it again now but we did on Saturday. We tucked him in his Cars sheets, complete with Lightning McQueen pillowcase and he didn't even whine (I think he was pretty tired from having family over). He didn't wake up once. Lucky for us, he doesn't realize (yet) that he can get out of bed and come get us. He thinks he still has to stay in the room. Yes! Although this morning when I was getting ready for work, he opened the door wider and peeked his head through waiting for me to come around the corner so I'd see he was awake. So bedtimes haven't been a problem. Naps may prove to be a bit more challenging. Yesterday we put him in bed, closed the door, and 5 minutes later we heard him running around shooting baskets. Matt yelled out "Daniel" and you could hear him run back to bed and yell back "Daniel!" (Ya I wrote that correctly. He doesn't say our name back, he repeats his). We should probably just take the basketball hoop out of there... Then to top it all off, my brother and sister-in-law got Daniel a Cars potty seat and so we put it in the bathroom just so he'd get used to it and now he wants to sit on his potty all the time. He even says he went stinky. He's just getting so big so fast. It's like he's losing every last trace of being a baby. IT WASN'T THAT LONG AGO!!! I guess he had to be a big boy soon enough. I just wish it'd slow down!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha this is so cute! I can hear him saying his name back and running to his bed!! hahaha I love that kid so much!!!
-lindsay (your blood sista) :)

Lindsay said...

I love that he yells his name back to you, that's so funny! Yea for Daniel for being a big boy and sleeping in a big boy bed, I love him!

The Stevens Family said...

Wow in a big boy bed already!? We haven't tried that with Emily yet, even though we need to...we are a little worried she won't sleep at all :) It's crazy how fast they grow up isn't it?

The Hickens said...

Growing up so fast! You will be laughing about these days when he's a teenager ;)

Ali B. said...

Sounds like Matt's son to try to shoot baskets when he should be napping!

Julie said...

So so so cute! Jackson was the same way. He would just lay in his bed until we called him out! So so so funny. That's crazy he's in a big boy bed. Reecey is still in her crib! But she is potty trained!!!!