
Monday, May 10, 2010
Daniel's 2
No for real. He turned 2 years old on Saturday. I seriously can't believe it (although I know everyone says it and I'm sure I'll at least think it every year). He is so big and smart and full of energy. I love it! So we made a whole day out of his birthday. He's very into the movie Cars and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse right now so we decided that we'd spend the morning in Disneyland. We started the morning with sprinkle pancakes, where he got to blow out a candle (we had to practice) then headed to the Happiest Place on Earth. We went on a few rides and then we saw Mickey Mouse himself. And then Pluto. And then Goofy. We had one excited kid on our hands! We stood in line to get pictures with the first 2 but he doesn't look quite as excited in his pictures. Then we went to California Adventure to see Lightning McQueen and Mater. He even told Lightning "love you." We came back for lunch and Daniel's nap and that's when we started decorating for his party. We invited my siblings, parents, and 2 of Daniel's friends so we kept it much smaller! We decked out the house in Cars. I even made some posters at work with my projector so we played pin the buck teeth on Mater. Daniel was super excited when he woke up to it all. Matt even made a playlist on his IPOD consisting of the Cars soundtrack and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse songs. He had such a great time, I'm not sure he ate much more than a few pieces of watermelon and his piece of cake. I actually made his cake - my arm seriously hurt. But it was exciting to see his face and watch him actually blow out the candles. It was also super cute hearing him say "happy birthday to you." We got him a Cars tricycle that the boys ended up alll enjoying but he's a little to small to pedal. Give it a few months I guess. Happy Birthday Daniel! Love you! 









Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Go Erin! I ca't believe he's 2 either! Nice job on the cake, that is hard work!
I love it all! Great job on the decorations and the cake! I wish I could have been there to see how excited he was, he is so adorable, I love him! Happy 2nd Birthday Daniel!
What a cute birthday! I wished you guys lived closer! I am glad he had such a great day! Happy Birthday Daniel!
Nice work on the cake!!!!!!!!! That looked awesome! I remember thinking about making that cake for Brady and then promptly dismissed the idea when I saw how much work it would be. What a fun birthday for a cute 2 boy, and yes, every year you will be shocked at how fast time flies! Happy Birthday Daniel!!!!!!
Post a Comment