Thursday, April 08, 2010

Easter 2010

First of all, how awesome was it that we had conference on Easter? Nothing like breakfast casserole to start off Easter morning. On Saturday, we went to the Spring Egg-stravegansa that our city put on. There were bounce houses, a petting zoo, pony rides, field games, arts and crafts, pictures with the Easter bunny, and an egg hunt. Daniel did the bunny toss, looked at the animals because he was a little freaked out by them, and played on the playground. There were too many big kids in the bounce houses and after what happened with Santa, I don't think meeting the Easter Bunny was going to be any better. Unfortunately, the egg hunt was during his nap so we didn't stick around for that. But we did do an egg hunt Easter morning after conference. We filled as many eggs as would fit in hit basket and "hid" them out front. It took him a little coaxing the first few eggs but then he was into it! And he had to hold his basket in his arms so every time he bent over to pick up an egg, some of them fell out. Then he wanted to sit down out front and open them all. We filled them with fruit loops because we didn't want him to have so much chocolate. He opened one and was like "CEREAL!!!!" all excited. Glad it doesn't take much. We got some cute pictures from that so enjoy.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love his doggy basket, love that he had to carry it thus dumping the egss, and love, Love, LOVE his big boy hair! Don't cut it, it's so cute, I love that length!

Julie said...

That is so cute. I love that some spilled everytime he went to pick another up. Its always interesting to me how they concentrate so hard and try to solve the problem! What a cutie!!!!

Ali B. said...

He is such a handsome boy!! I am excited to see him this summer!

Lindsay said...

Erin, to answer the question you asked on my blog, yes, I did use boning in the top. I also put a pocket on the front of it to hold nursing pads, pacifiers, etc.