Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Matt B. - I'm A Dork

This is a la Matt B. again, and seriously the title sums it up, I am a complete dork. If I ever take a step back and look at my life I know that I do lots of dorky stuff and I'm just ok with that. I love to watch chick flicks like The Proposal, Valentine's Day, Made of Honor, Just Like Heaven, Wedding Date, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, and 17 Again. Speaking of 17 Again, I love watching all of the High School Musicals...total dork. Howver, I also love movies like Gladiator, Braveheart, The Patriot, and Saving Private Ryan. I watch television shows like Glee, Life Unexpected, Gilmore Girls, and One Tree Hill...super dork. Then I think about other things, I love basketball, football, baseball, and watching the Ducks on tv, although I can watch football and basketball regardless of who is playing. I still get nervous to play church ball, but get excited when I play well and I have to call my dad and tell him how good I did, what a dork I am. Although, I did make a 3/4 court shot at the end of the half a few weeks ago, that was sweet. I love mowing the lawan and doing "manly" or "macho" stuff like that or the stuff that basically you expect the guy to do, but I also like doing the dusting around the house. I don't like doing much of the other cleaning, but the dusting is something that I pride myself on, need I say it again...dork. I believe most of you are probably already aware of my complete and utter dorkiness, but I guess I have finally realized it myself.

The most important part about this post though, about me and my super special dorkiness is that I love being who I am. I know that I watch a lot of stuff that most guys don't but I love it. This all came about from watching Rules of Engagement the other night and the engaged guy, Oliver Hudson, was ashamed to tell this rock and roll guy who he really was. Well this is who I really am. Not to do that whole Saturday Night Live thing where the weird guy makes people look in the mirror and say they are good enough, but seriously I guess that's what this is all about. I love who I am, and gosh darn it I'm good enough.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

You are good enough Matt B! You are definitely your own dawg and you're awesome! It's so good that you are so happy with who you are, dorkiness and all!

EvaMarieva said...

Not a dork, just sure of who you are. We love having you as a friend!

Ali B. said...

Dude you are the coolest for admitting you like all those shows...I think more guys do than you think!! You are a great Matt B.!

Lou Anne said...

Matt B. I love you for being a dork and that you are totally cool with it. However, I don't think you are a dork - you are just comfortable in your own skin and willing to man up to what you like. Who says "real" men can't watch chick shows? And a guy that will dust? That's awesome!! Always be who you are and don't ever be any different - love you much!!!

Lauren said...

Well I'm glad you finally realized it! Now we can all stopping talking about it behind your back! ;)

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

DUDE!!!!! I love that you can embrace this so called "dorkiness" and then party with it! Seriously...the face that you admitted to all this negates the dork in you and just makes you super cool! Love you bro!!!!!! You're awesome!