Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Christmas in February

Besides the fact that Christmas really isn't anywhere near February and I've waited til now to blog, when I went to get pictures from my camera, I noticed we were even more awesome and only took video, not still pictures. So no pictures from Christmas. Why post then, you might ask? Because I was not ok with having no Christmas pictures so I was a spaz, hooked the video camera up to the tv and took pictures from the video. Lame, I know, but I had to have pictures somehow. I apologize in advance for the poor quality of some of these pictures. Alright here we go... Daniel would not go anywhere near Santa. We tried in November with all the Brinkerhoff cousins and Daniel started saying Santa all the time and would point him out in pictures so we thought, come time for the ward Christmas party we could get a good picture. Here's what we got:
Not that it isn't an awesome picture, I was just hoping for a smiling angelic face. Immediately after we walked away from Santa, he pointed back and said "Santa! Santa! Santa!" like he didn't get his chance or something. Crazy boy. Then we had Daniel's friend Parker and his parents (ok, they're our friends too) over for FHE one night where we decorated sugar cookies. We did the same thing the year before the boys were born and it was a lot of fun so we thought, let's do it with the boys. Well, the boys had a lot of fun - but when I say boys I mean Matt and Mark. Here's some pictures from that:
Christmas Eve was at my dad's, where we had to constantly tell Daniel to get off the coffee table, don't throw the ornaments, and to not sit in Clayton's new chair, especially when Clayton was in it. It was also where we learned that both Daniel and Clayton had a thing for those stick on bows. Yep, they needed all of them. Anyways, here's some pictures from Christmas Eve.
Then Christmas morning was our first Christmas by ourselves as a family which was pretty awesome. Daniel didn't really want to open the presents until we started it and he realized there was something inside. Seriously, that had to happen for just about every present. He got a basketball hoop that he plays with constantly and a little mini recliner from Santa, which he loves. He got so excited about it, he went around the room and gave us both high fives! He plays with everything all the time, the puzzles, his blocks, the Cars cars. Seriously, there isn't something he doesn't have out on a regular basis. Here are some pictures from Christmas morning.

Christmas day got a bit eventful so I don't really have pictures from Christmas afternoon at my mom's, with the exception of Daniel and Clayton in the massage chair. They were actually fighting over who got to press the buttons. Also, I have a picture of Daniel holding our Christmas tree topper that I think is pretty cute.




Also this Christmas, we found out that Daniel is really into cars. Not just the movie (although he will seriously watch that movie 10 times a day if we let him) but cars in general. He played with the little tonka trucks, the cars, and this little plastic construction ramp that the cars race down. He is definitely all boy. Daniel was super cute and can I just say how awesome it was to have my own place at Christmas? I've never been anywhere except my parent's or Matt's family's homes for Christmas so it was nice having our own Christmas.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So did Daniel get High School Musical for Christmas?? Or is it Matt's? :) Love the recliner! So fun!

The Stevens Family said...

Yeah I was going to ask the same thing about HSM! Emily loves Cars too. Maybe it's because we watched the movie so much, I'm not sure. And it is totally better having your own place! When do we get to see pictures of it?