I put that in quotes because Daniel can't really put together sentences that make much sense to us yet. But he has been able to say a whole lot more and we are recognizing how smart he is and (mostly) how much we need to watch ourselves so he doesn't pick up anything we don't want him to! So here are some conversations between Daniel and me and that happened recently...
#1
Daniel: Daddy? Daddy? (asking where Matt was)
Me: I think Daddy's watching TV right now.
Daniel: Football?
Matt watch football? I know shocker. One of the results of having Matt as Mr. Mom is Daniel watching a whole lot of sports and sports center.
#2
Daniel was taking bottles out of the recycling and sorting them based on the label.
Me: Good job sorting. Can we put them back.
Daniel: (pointing to the Dr. Pepper bottles) Daddy!
Me: Um...ya that's Daddy's.
Daniel then brings me a Pepsi bottle. Think that means we need to cut back on the soda.
And then today...#3
Me: Daniel we need to leave. I'll count to 5. One...
Daniel: TWO!
Me: (shocked that he knew two...) Three...
Daniel: FOUR!
I didn't even know that he knew how to count until today. I didn't think we did the whole counting thing enough for him to pick up on it. It's been pretty entertaining though listening to him learn to communicate.
Last little chestnut that makes me laugh. You know how for most kids mommy kissing a booboo or a bandaid will fix any owie? Not Daniel. When I asked him if he wanted me to kiss his owie, he looked at me like I was crazy. It was like I could see him saying in his head "uh, what's that gonna help?" No, he wants his booboos run under water in the sink. That makes it better. What a nut!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Haha! Love it!
It's so much fun when they start to communicate with you! I love the football comment and the Dr. Pepper and Pepsi. He has you guys totally figured out!
That's too funny. He is so observant!
What a funny kid! And so smart!!! Miss and love him so much!
That is too too cute! I think its hilarious that he knows that you're the pepsi drinker and Matt's the Dr. Pepper drinker. What a little smarty pants!!
Man he really does have you guys figured out and I can see the expression on his face that you are crazy to kiss his owie!! and at least you can send Daniel to the fridge to get your drinks!! So helpfu! Love you guys!
Post a Comment