Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!


Since it's the first ever time I get to spend my dad's birthday with him, I thought I'd tell you some things I love about my dad. I haven't been around that long so there's only 20 things but that's pretty good for 11 months!

1. He lets me watch sports center and golf channel with him EVERY DAY! We watch the Rock-dogs together.

2. He lets me play with his golf balls. I'm totally getting into the sport.


3. He lets me dress like him. I love the polo look - we look like golfers.


4. He lets me play video games with him.


5. He lets me play with all my toys at once! Seriously, he'll just take out my whole basket! Mom only lets me have a few toys at once.

6. He lets me stay in my pajamas until just before mom gets home.

7. He makes silly faces that make me laugh.

8. He acts like a total goof - and he dances silly! He's a crack up!

9. He plays one of my favorite games, "I'm gonna get you," and chases me around the house!!! He always gets me!

10. He also plays high in the sky with me (even though I can't go real high yet) and tickles me like the tickle monster.

11. He did a really good job finishing school at CSULB. He even gets to be in a big ceremony in May and I get to go.


12. He doesn't like school (he was really happy when he was done at CSULB) but went back to a new school now to get his stuff to be a teacher so he can coach my sports teams and play with me over the summer.

13. He loves my mommy a whole lot.

14. He's trying to help me walk. We even go outside to practice on the grass.

15. He stays home with me while he goes to school and takes really good care of me.

16. He gets up early with me even though I know he's really tired and he still plays with me even though I know he's still really tired.

17. Even though he watches me during the day and goes to school online when I'm taking my naps, he got a part time job with a realtor to help us out so they can buy my all the stuff I need.

18. He reads the scriptures with me every night so I can learn about Jesus and the Book of Mormon.

19. He prays for me every night in family prayer.

20. He loves me a ton! He's always giving me kisses! He's pretty much the best dad EVER!
Happy Bithday Daddy! I LOVE YOU!
Love,
Daniel

12 comments:

Jessica said...

oh boy! That was ADORABLE! Happy birthday to Matt from the Hinchey's!

Julie said...

cute! and happy birthday to matt. I facebooked him but never called. i suck!

Lindsay said...

That was so cute! I love that he lets him stay in his pj's all day, such a dad thing to do! I love the golfball pic, so funny! Matt is a super great dad!

The ShuFamily said...

so cute!!! i loved reading these! what a good daddy!

The Stevens Family said...

So cute! I love that last picture..those "candid" shots are my favorites to try and get. Happy birthday Matt!

The Hickens said...

haha how funny. That's super cute. HAPPY BDAY MATT!
haha hope you liked our goofy message.

EvaMarieva said...

Such a great tribute to a great dad! I hope you had a wonderful b-day!

carrfamily4 said...

Hey there big guy! Happy B-Day! We'd love to visit you some time!

The Lindsey Family said...

How cute! You have a beautiful family! Isn't if crazy that were all married with kids now?:)

Corinne said...

Wow Erin - what a cool post! I wish I could have seen you too when we went down to So Cal, next time we should totally get together!

kimberly said...

Hi Erin!! Cute post =) I started reading and signed up to follow your blog before I got your comment. What a coincidence!! Glad we can keep in touch somehow. Your son is a cutie!

Ryan and Candice Nelson said...

That is just too cute, happy late birthday to Matt!