Wednesday, September 03, 2008

End of Summer

Yesterday I officially went back to work & Matt started his last semester. Not so much the best day. But, we decided that we should take some time at the end of summer to see Matt's family since we're not sure we'll see them again until Ali's wedding next June. So on the 22nd, the day after Matt finished his summer school, we flew out to CO to see a good chunk of the Brinkerhoff Family. We weren't sure how Daniel was going to do on the plane but he was great! Both ways he slept about half the time and was happy but stayed pretty quiet the rest of the time. He liked looking out the window which was pretty cool. The weekend we were there was the weekend that the girls went to UT to look at dresses so it was me and Brooklyn with all the boys, which turned out to be pretty fun. Daniel loved playing with papa and his uncles. Plus we got to see one of Josh's football scrimmages, which Matt was thrilled about. Luckily for us, Hal, Connie, and the kids were in town we got to see them and they got to meet Daniel. Neil & Jessica (and Ellie - Daniel's future wife) were in town too so we spent some time with them, even going miniture golfing with me holding Daniel part of the time golfing one handed, Jessica with her uncomfortable preggo belly, and Neil & Matt "playing it as it lies" out of the water and on the gravel. We also got to see the Rhodus family. Ed even bought Daniel a Broncos outfit, which is apparently shocking. We had a great time in CO but we had to be back for Daniel's doctor appointment. He was 15 pounds 13 ounces, 25 inches long, and had 5 shots. He was a trooper though and didn't cry after daddy snuggled him. We're sad summer's over but look forward to the fact that this is Matt's last semester and I don't have to do any afterschool duties anymore!



4 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

I have been thinking of you this week. I hope all is going well with school. It looks like CO was fun and I am glad you got a last vacation before school began. Take care!

Lindsay said...

We're so glad that you guys came to visit! We had so much fun with you and Daniel is so adorable!

Jessica said...

It was good to spend time with you guys! Neil's dying to be done with school so we can head out to CO...he can't wait to spend more time with Matt! The packages you sent were AWESOME! You are both so sweet and thoughtful. We'll make sure to send a picture of Ellie in her "I Love Kisses" outfit. Thanks a ton!

Jessica said...

I'm not into the whole sci-fi of it all either...thats partly why I didn't want to read them. I'm definitely not a devoted fan...but they're pretty good books! To each their own, right?