Well, I think as you can tell from the title that it's a boy, although I probably would have coached my little girl to be a quarterback too. Our baby was quite excited about showing us his goods, even though he wasn't as excited to show us his face. It was a very exciting experience, and more nerve racking than I ever thought it would be. On the drive to the doctor's, Erin and I both started talking about how we had butterflies in our stomach. She asked me if I had any feelings either way as to what flavor the baby was, but I didn't. Little did I know, she was feeling like it was a boy. We arrived at the doctor's office, which looked like an old apartment building that was converted into offices, and we didn't have to wait very long. Once the ultrasound began, it was like the suspense just continued to get stronger and stronger. Than as she rolled over Erin's stomach with the ultrasound thingy, we caught a little glimpse of the baby's twig and berries. She even seemed kind of surprised because it was so easy to notice. Then she asked, so what do you think it is? We both knew it was a boy obviously. I could tell that Erin was beginning to struggle a little bit, fighting back the happy tears as I was holding her hand through the whole thing, so I leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek to comfort her. We are so excited to be having a baby, and really all I want is a healthy baby, but I can't lie, I am so excited to have the chance to raise a baby boy. To be honest, I'm surprised that the Lord would trust me with a little boy, I think it has something to do a little bit with the mother's curse, but also a little bit with how amazing Erin is. I think he trusts her a lot more than he trusts me, as well he should. We aren't sure about any names yet, the only thing that I would really like to do is have the middle name be Gerald as a tribute to Erin's great grandpa who didn't get a chance to see our baby here, hopefully he is talking to him upstairs a litle bit. We miss him a lot, and we want our baby to be as super awesome as him! Enjoy the pictures, there is one of the baby showing you his package, another of his footprint, and a 3-D picture of him just chillin in the womb. I think I should write a song called "Chillin in the Womb!" The funniest part of the ultrasound was when the lady was trying to capture the footprint, and baby boy Brinkerhoff kicked it away, he didn't like the presure a whole lot.


8 comments:
That 3d is so awesome! I wish I would've gotten that for Bri but our dr's didn't do that. Congrats on the Boy. If he's kicking a lot it doesn't always stop with the womb. Bri still enjoys kicking my tummy.
Congrats!
Aww! Congratulations!
Nice blog! Congrats on the boy as I predicted! You guys will be great parents!
Very cute! Ultrasounds are always so much fun! Congratulations on baby boy Brink, we can't wait to meet him!
Yippee!!! I'm so excited for you guys, even though I've known the flavor for a few days. Get here quick k? We're excited to see you. And just for the record I'm suprised the Lord would trust ANY of us with his little spirits.
We're so excited for you guys! It was great seeing you over Christmas...hope everything is well with you! We love you guys!
hey matt, that blog was tight. it was fun to read about the experience you and aaron had with you baby! I remember you talking about "not being able to wait" tell you had a kid in high school. i remember thinking to myself "what the heck is this kid thinking" but its good to see how happy you and aaron are. best wishes.
nhiddy
Post a Comment