Sunday, January 20, 2008

Our 4 Christmas'

I know that I've sucked at blogging lately. And frankly, when we got back I didn't have any excuse except that I was lazy. So you'll get to see Christmas almost a month later! We literally did celebrate Christmas 4 times this year, being that it was the first year we weren't home. The only time we had our camera was on our trip cuz we're lame, but at least we have some pcitures. First off, when my mom got her tree, it took 3 grown men, a hammer, and a good hour and half to put the tree on the stand and get it in the house. Enough said. Next we have pictures of the cookies we decorated with some friends from our ward for FHE. It was a really funny night! Now on with our first Christmas, which was on December 8th. My grandparents were down from Cedar City and wanted to spend Christmas with all of us kids so we got together at my dad's for dinner and exchanged gifts with them. It was fun considering that last year was the first year we didn't spend Christmas Eve with them. Then the Sunday before we left for Colorado, we spent a few minutes with my mom after dinner and she gave us her gifts. We would have given her present to her but all us kids got her a KitchenAid mixer so she had to wait until Christmas. That night was when Baby Boy Brinkerhoff got his first Christmas present load too - he got one from my grandparents but this box didn't end! There was a little shirt that said "I get my good looks from my dad" which Matt really liked! Then the Wednesday before we left we went over to my dad's and had dinner and exchanged gifts. That was also when my dad gave us his "good news." Most people know what it is but this is not quite the forum for me to discuss this right now. On Thursday, right after I got out of school/work at 2, Matt & I hit the road to my grandparents house. We hit traffic on the 15 early on, there was rain on and off all through til we hit Vegas and there was a huge accident that closed down the freeway in Vegas, but we were still making good time. My grandma warned us that by the time we got to St George, matt should be driving because of snow but when we got there it was as dry as a bone so I kept going, just wanting to get there. Bad move. 10 minutes past that, it started snowing really bad - Matt's opinion (so you don't think the little Cali girl is exaggerating!). Matt talked me through it, we drove slow and finally got there about 12:30 Utah time. We decided to hit the road the next morning and Matt was a saint at calming me. I was making up songs about the sun most of the drive and we didn't hit anymore snow until we hit Vail. It took us a long time and about 40 panic attacks from me before we made it to the house and I was excited to finally be off the road. Something I need everyone to understand is that, while I don't enjoy being cold, I don't mind cold weather or snow for that matter. Snow is beautiful. I just don't want to be driving in it. We spent Christmas Eve at Lindsay & Colton's house, watched the Bronco game and waited for Santa. There was seriously a MOUNTAIN of presents before Santa even came though. Christmas morning was all kinds of craziness but a lot of fun. What was really special was that we had a white Christmas, my first ovbiously since the only thing close I'd ever had was a foggy Christmas morning. Guitar Hero overtook the entire family for pretty much the rest of the trip (and ever since we've been home). We had Natalie's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese (a blast by the way) and then had a slumber party at John's house, which is always fun! Our trip was capped with spending New Year's Eve with everyone at the Christofferson's and we had to leave the next morning to avoid storms later in the week. We stopped by my grandparents again on the way home and actually spent a day with them, hence the picture of us playing the Night Sky edition of Monopoly. It was a fun trip, though it was hard for Matt to leave and tough for me to spend my first Christmas away from my side of the family. We had a great time and can't wait to see everyone again (though I think it won't be until we bless our baby).



By the way, I went to the doctor the other day and officially hit a horrible weight. It's slightly depressing, and although I know I have a being inside of me and the doctor said my weight is right on track, that number makes a woman wince. There are women on the biggest loser who officially weigh as much as me. Just venting...

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the pictures! Of course, I especially love the one of Brady holding Brooklyn! They both look so cute! Don't worry about your weight, it happens to the best of us. Whenever you feel bad about your weight, just remember that I weighed in at a whopping 227 pounds when Brooklyn was born!

Julie said...

Love the pictures. I so need copies...can't you send me a cd with the pics on it? You have some I don't, especially since for some reason I have none of Natalie's birthday. Anyways, we miss you guys and can't wait for that little person to arrive. Don't worry about your weight. You'll lose it all. Just seize the day and eat what you want!!!!

Julie said...

ps--those cookies look so good. That must've taken some serious decorating time!

Ali B. said...

Good times for all!! Loved the pictures!