Considering that some people have thought that Daniel was 4, I guess it's a good thing that he's actually 3 now. I mean when you can get into Disneyland for free because you are under 3 but are tall enough to go on Matterhorn and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, it means you're big! Daniel is a boy now! It's crazy to think about that. I don't have a baby anymore! I mean he goes to preschool next year for crying out loud! His birthday this year landed on Mother's Day and I didn't want to have his party that day because I wanted it to be all about him and not have to share it with all us moms. Plus, I wouldn't want to invite friends on a Sunday. So we had his birthday party on Saturday the 7th. I was trying to get him to have a Jake and the Neverland Pirates party and he was ok with it but the Tuesday before his party, he decided he wanted a Woody party. It was fine because I hadn't bought anything yet! I went out and got all the party supplies on Wednesday and then we got an invite in the mail the next day for one of his friends who's also having a Toy Story party. I felt bad like I was stealing some thunder from his friend but Daniel's old enough now that he'd throw a fit that I didn't give him the right party. Unfortunately, Clayton was super sick so Jeff & his family weren't able to come and one of Daniel's friends couldn't come because his mom is about ready to pop out another baby so she was exhausted after having her shower the same day. We grilled (of course) and then we had stick the badge on Woody & Buzz and Daniel was the only one who wanted to play. Then we had a Woody pinata and it was hard to break. Even the dads were having a hard time. It was like that VW pinata commercial. But Parker and Daniel had a blast swinging away at it. Plus there were fruit snacks and suckers inside! Daniel got a lot of summer toys (bubbles, sprinker worm, bubble & water guns, etc.), some cute clothes, a baseball tee with a wiffleball and bat, a cars 3 wheel scooter, and from mom & dad a real golf club and golf bag. Like full on iron. And grammy gave him another club too so now he has a golf bag with 2 real golf clubs when he goes to the range with daddy. The same day he managed to break his baseball tee and grandpa had to come to the rescue and fix the situation. He was hitting it awesome though!


The Pinata before.....

And the pinata after... Poor decapitated Woody.


I decided that after how long it took me to do that Lightning McQueen cake last year, I'd just do cupcakes this year. So he had "Ooooooo" cupcakes (Daniel calls them oooos because he has no concept of aliens and they say ooohhh).



Getting ready to go outside with Daddy and "swing golf balls."


The next day on his actual birthday, I made him waffles and Matt & I sang him Happy Birthday in the morning. He seemed very confused like "ummm, didn't we do this yesterday?" so I'm not sure he grasped what all the fuss was about but he does know that he is 3. I still can't believe that Daniel is 3 and he is definitely such a smart and handsome kid! We love him to pieces! Happy Birthday Daniel!
4 comments:
OMG! How did he get to be 3!? Seriously love that boy! The "ooooohh" cupcakes were adoreable, you are amazing! And I could have just eaten up that cute little Daniel with his golf clubs on his back, I love that boy!
It was supposed to say "adorable." I really do know how to spell!
Love him! Glad he had a fun birthday!
You guys are awesome. Looks like the birthday party went well! I don't think Neil knows that Matt has converted to cat-ism. Whatever that means.
Post a Comment