1. Pulling up his shirt and pointing to his nipples "Mommy, I have owies, 2 owies. I need medicine." (He had just had some bug bites and we put the benedryl stick on it. He still lifts up his shirt every now and then just to check that they are still there.)
2. One morning while I was getting ready for work, Daniel pointed to his pacifier.
Daniel: "Mommy what's this?"
Me: "Um that's your paci."
Daniel: "My paci. That's right. Good Job!"
3. Daniel was playing an alphabet app on my phone and I slipped up and asked "Daniel are you playing numbers?"
Daniel: "No mommy, these is letters..." (He looked at me like I was sooooo dumb!!!)
4. Me: "Ok Daniel it's time to put this away and go to bed."
Daniel: "Awww, COME ON mommy!" (That's not supposed to happen until they're teenagers right?)
5. Me: "Daniel what does a monkey say?"
Daniel: "Ooo oo, ah ah, BYE BYE!" (Little too much Playhouse Dinsey?)
6. At dinner Daniel says "Mmmm! This is delicious!" What 2 year old says something's delicious?
7. Daniel has gotten into a habit of putting his lips together and blowing/spitting. On the front window, in our faces when he gets upset with us, etc. When we tell him no spitting he puts on an angelic face and says "I a elephant!" Thinks he can get away with it...
8. When the corner is not an option for where we are, we'll hold Daniel in our laps with his arms folded and we are literally holding him and his limbs in place. Daniel would say "I'm stuck" and we would say "ya you're stuck on purpose." Now every time something is stuck it's "stuck on purpose."
9. Daniel : "Daddy close eyes." (Matt obliges) "Where's Daddy? I can't find him! Where is he?" (he looks around the room all while Matt is right in front of him) "Oh there he is!" as Matt opens his eyes.
and my current favorite...
We have been trying to bribe Daniel into going stinky in the toilet with a blue Dinaco Lightning McQueen car. We talked about it all weekend, put it up on one of our wall hangings so he could see it. When grammy came to watch him on Tuesday, we told her the rules and this is what happened when we left.
Daniel: Grammy you get me Lightning McQueen car?
Grammy: Your mommy and daddy said you have to go stinky in the toilet.
Daniel: Mommy and Daddy not here.
Oh, he's too smart for his own good. We're in trouble aren't we?



5 comments:
I love that the monkey says, "Oo oo, aah aah, bye bye!" I can't wait to see him, he seems to be talking so much more. And yes, he is super smart, good luck with that!
Daniel sounds like lots of trouble but it is super cute....for now!! Miss you guys!
So cute! Plus, loving the picture of you guys!
What about when he was colorling? I love him. He's so dang cute and so funny and yes, also too smart for his own good!!!!! Give him mooches smooches from JuJu for me!
The colorling came after the post. And I thought it was shushu? =)
Post a Comment