We spent Wednesday afternoon and evening there and left Saturday morning so it wasn't a long trip but it was a ton of fun. There was still snow on the ground so the boys got to go outside and play. Daniel was a little bit of a pansy about the snow at first so Matt thought the best way to get him into it was to throw snowballs - at Daniel's head. It actually took Clayton running around in it to get Daniel to even touch it. Us adult kids also had a good time outside throwing snowballs at each other. It was cold but super nice. There was one point where Becca and I went out to the "garage fridge" to get a Pepsi and we stood outside and I was in a t-shirt while Becca was all bundled up and I told her I felt a little redneck white trash outside in a t-shirt, drinking my can on the porch.
It was also nice because it proved to be the last time that I would see my dad's aunt Pam, as she had a stroke and passed away right before Christmas. We had Pam and her husband and my grandma's quilting friend over for a big Thanksgiving dinner and then there was a lot of shopping to be done on Friday, along with breakfast casserole.
But some of the most fun that we had was the night time when we played games. My grandparents wouldn't participate because they thought there were too many people at the table and my dad stayed at his aunt Pam's so he had to leave a little eariler and cut his game short but the rest of us stayed up late, sometimes past 1 in the morning playing Apples to Apples and Taboo. It was a blast! I think because we all live near each other, any time we get together it's for an event and there's not a ton of down time. Because we were forced to live in the same house for a while, we just got to hang like we do with the Brinkerhoffs. It was a ton of fun! There was even one time where it was Maddie's turn to pick and she led her answer with "I'm gonna jump off a bridge here and go with..." so now it's a fun little saying we use now. Here are some pictures of the boys in the snow. I'm awful about taking pictures so I'll have to hit up Becca, Shannon, and my dad for more..



2 comments:
That's great that you were able to see aunt Pam one last time. Just hangin' and having down time is the best, good times!
I'm impressed you all even have warm enough attire! (though you all for CO makes some sense.) As I recall, one nice spring day during H.S. in Sunny So.Cal I was enjoying it in short sleeves and a certain friend of mine came to visit me in her letterman jacket & gloves (that's right-GLOVES!) and crying about how cold she was!! I'm glad to see you suck it up more now! :)
Post a Comment