Saturday, November 13, 2010

Halloween 2010

This year we honestly had no clue what to make Daniel for Halloween. I mean we started with an ewok and then he was Danielsan from Karate Kid so it's not like we could just follow that up with him being a dinosaur or something. We tried asking him what he wanted to be but I'm not sure he really knew what was going on so that left it up to us again. I think when we went looking, I was really looking for him to be Woody from Toy Story. They had the cheap ones at the Halloween store but they looked a little cheesier than I wanted and the real ones from Disneyland were all in boys sizes and not toddler. Luckily though, we had free disney dollars and so we went looking at Downtown Disney and in Disneyland and we found a Mickey Mouse costume. Daniel loves him some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for those of you who don't already know so we thought it would be pretty perfect for being free. But Daniel didn't want to get any of the costumes (although he did want those massive Mickey hands) and after we bought the costume, he didn't want to try it on at all. We thought we were going to have a problem on our hands but after we forced him into it, he didn't give us to much trouble.

We went to the pumpkin patch the Monday before Halloween and had a good little FHE there picking out our pumpkin. Daniel had a blast running around and didn't want to leave. When I told him we were leaving, he dashed into the hay bale maze and I almost lost him! We carved our pumpkin but I'm lame and totally forgot to take any pictures. Then of course we carved it way to early and it started growing mold. Didn't know that! Oh well, live and learn I guess right? The Friday before Halloween, my mom invited us to help her pick out a pumpkin and watch "Hocus Pocus." When we went over for the movie, Daniel had the bowl of popcorn and my sister Lindsay came over and asked him if she could have some. Without even taking his eyes off the tv, he moved the bowl of popcorn to the side of his bean bag chair so that she couldn't reach the bowl! Little Punk!

Our ward and the ward we share the building with had a Halloween Carnival on the Saturday before Halloween with cute little games for the kids and hot dogs and chili for dinner. I of course was lame and forgot the camera for that too. After the Carinval, everyone headed outside for the trunk or treat where Matt and Daniel walked around the parking lot and they gave out candy at all the trunks. 15 minutes at that and Daniel scored a ton of candy. Then on Halloween, I took Daniel out on our street for about 20 minutes trick or treating. I mostly wanted the neighbors that we know to see how cute he looked in his costume. It was kind of quiet that night though. I think we only had like 15 trick or treaters. Weird. He had a great time though and he looked so frickin cute!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I just want to squeeze that Mickey Mouse! Glad it all worked out since he didn't even want to wear the costume at first. We've definitely had similar issues at our house! Brooklyn can't wait to see Daniel at Christmas. She keeps telling me how cute he is. Love that he tried to run away into the maze when it was time to leave, what a stinker!

now we have two said...

I just have to say that is the cutest mickey mouse I have ever seen!

Julie said...

Of course he looked so frickin cute cause he is so frickin cute!!!!!!! I love him and I'm so glad that he had a fun, eventful halloween!!!!!

Ali B. said...

He is the cutest!! Miss that boy!! Only a few more weeks!

Lauren said...

Carter was Minnie for Halloween!! Too bad we don't leave by each other, cuz that would have made for some cute pictures!!