Tuesday, September 01, 2009

House!!!

On our vacation to Utah we finally heard some news about the house that we have had an offer on for 4 months. We opened up escrow on August 20th while we were in Utah by scanning and e-mailing all of the necessary documents. The house is a 3-bedroom (technically) really 4-bedroom because there is a permitted storage room that is used as a fourth bedroom. It has a full bath and a 3/4 bath in the master. There is a space for a separate dining room and living room, and also a place for laundry inside, which can be a bit of a luxury in California. It is listed at 1199 sq. ft. not including the storage/bedroom, and the lot size is 6422 sq. ft. The house is in the boundaries for the high school that we want our children to go to (has a good football team) and also allows us to stay in the ward that we currently attend. I think that is most of the information, so now I will take you on a tour of our new home, at least hopefully on Sep. 20th when escrow closes. Short sales can kind of suck so we were unsure about doing this, but I wanted everyone to be able to see the place anyways.



The front of the house.

The front door of the house.

The bedroom that will be the baby room, so Daniel for a little bit, and no that doesn't mean that I have any news concerning a new baby Brinkerhoff on the way.

The bedroom that will be Daniel's after he outgrows the baby room.

Another view of Daniel's room.

Our 1950's style bathroom.

Our green master bedroom, obviously some painting has to be done.

Another view of that lovely electric green room.

A view of the living room.

The other side of the living room.

A view of what will be the dining room.

Kitchen 1.

Kitchen 2.

Kitchen 3. There is no stove or dishwasher, so we have some things to take care of.

Where the laundry room will be located.
The storage/bedroom that is actually bigger than the master.
Another view of the storage/bedroom, and I wish I could keep that blanket.

Backyard 1.
Backyard 2. We will be pulling out most of the trees if not all of them and making this a large place for children to run around.

Us by the sold sign. Pay no attention to my pregnant belly, oops! Just kidding, this is Matt writing this blog and seriously don't pay any attention to my pregnant belly.
I hope you enjoyed this tour of our house. Come again soon.


7 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Congrats again! We are really excited for you. Call us when you have your tree pulling party, we are becoming experts at yard work :)

Lindsay said...

I certainly will come again! I can't wait to see it in real life, it looks great! A little work, but seriously not much at all. Congrats, it really looks nice! Bytheway, why is there still crap in it? I thought it was vacant, guess not!

Lauren said...

Oh come on, what's wrong with the green?!? Why would you ever want to repaint!! And thank you for the very detailed explanations. If you hadn't, I might never have been able to figure out the front of the house, the front door, and who was standing by the sign! I would have been confused all night! :) Love you guys! So happy for you! Can't wait to come stay! How does March sound?!

Lauren said...

Oh ya...and what high school would that be?! A fighting Irish kind??

Julie said...

How exciting!!!!!!!! I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out and you guys can get in there and get working! And good job getting the vision of the house and being able to look past all that CRAP!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it in real life with your stuff in it! Congratulations!

Dan and Cat said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys. I love the front of the house - very cute. Let us know if you need a babysitter while you're packing or moving. I know how crazy it can be to try and do those things with little ones around!

The Hickens said...

Yeah your own place! You guys can do so much with that place! Glad you have a yard for daniel to play too ;)