Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving, we went down to San Diego to my Aunt Sherrie's house. They've completely redone it, it looks great & they have an amazing view from their deck - you can see Sea World, the bay, & Tijuana. She can see Mexico from her house!!! (a la Sarah Palin). All of my siblings, minus Brent, my mom, my grandma Caroline, Grandpa Kelly, Grandma Sims, and Uncle Ashley & Aunt Becky came. We also got to meet one of Dan's kids and his family (Dan is my Aunt Sherrie's boyfriend - I don't know what to call someone you've been with for 11 years...?) The boys got to wear their First Thanksgiving outfits and Becca wore her new dress that she made - it's super cute and amazingly, neither baby spit up on it. While dinner was wonderful - I'm pretty sure it was the first time my Aunt's used her kitchen - and football was fun, it was most fun to see Daniel, Maddie, and Clayton with their Great-great grandma Sims. It's not too often you get to have something special like that. It was really sweet to watch her holding them and smiling. Then of course, as is tradition, we went to the movies and saw 4 Christmas's. It was freakin funny and Daniel was super good through the whole thing. All in all, it was a great Thanksgiving.

Great-great grandma Sims
A shot of Becca's dress, kinda
the view

The boys are very much into pulling on each others clothes & faces so here are a few shots we got that weren't like that


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what-no throw up down becca's shirt?

EvaMarieva said...

It looks like a fun holiday for your family. That is such a great memory for you to have with Daniel and his great great grandma.

Julie said...

What a fun thanksgiving. Daniel is so cute. I love his shirt. I just got home today so I'll get you the pics asap!

Lindsay said...

I love the cute, fat babies! It's always so fun to see family. I love the holidays!

Ali B. said...

I love the Gobble Shirts!!

The ShuFamily said...

the babies are so cute! i wish i could see all of becca's dress!