For those of you who didn't know, I am a HUGE Anaheim Ducks fans and have been for almost 10 years now. Matt has also become a Ducks fan (kinda the same way I've become a Broncos fan) and as of recently so has my youngest sister Lindsay, though I think her enthusiasm comes from how hot she thinks Ryan Getzlaf is (can't blame her there). Anyways, so the Ducks beat Minnestota in the first round of the playoffs, then Vancouver in the second round and Matt & I got to go to one of those games and of course we got our lovely orange towels. Then we beat Detroit (Chelios is a jerkoff) in 6 games, at home to win the Western Conference Finals. Then it was the Finals against the Ottowa Senators. We ended up beating them in 5 games, also at home. With the exception of our captain, it was everyone's first time winning the Cup, including my favorite Duck, Teemu Selane, who's been chasing the cup for like 13 or 14 years. Crazy. Anyways, a few weeks ago on Saturday the 9th, Matt, Lindsay, and I went down to the Honda Center (whatever - it should still be called the Pond) for the celebration. We got there at 6:30 and waited by the red carpet where the Sanley Cup, the Conn Smythe Trophy (MVP won by our captain), and the Western Conference Finals trophy were flown in by helicopter right there in the middle of the street! It was awesome! Then Pennywise sang because their song is the song that plays after every goal we score. Anyways, the celebration was awesome and we brought our t-shirts and hat hoping to get signatures. After about an hour of waiting around in the back after the celebration, some of the players started coming out. It was so cool to see them up close! Lins and I got our shirts signed by Travis Moen, Joe DiPenta, Chris Kunitz, Andy McDonald (Matt's favorite player), and none other than our goalie Jean-Sebastian Giguere. Matt's hat only has Kunitz & McDonald, though he tried to get Jiggy's too. Matt mentioned that they all looked like clean cut guys and those few that came out that way were nice guys, talking to the fans & spending close to an hour signing things. We finally got some dinner close to 11 where we had the most awesome waiter that made sure we each had 2 Dr Peppers on the table at all times. Overall, it was an amazing night & we plan on staying after some of the games next year to finish off those signatures!

3 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a super fun time! It's always awesome to get to see your favorite players up close. How fun for you!
How fun. I can appreciate your love of the Ducks because growing up in Calgary I had a love of the Flames...still do, but not in a die hard kind of way. Anyways, I'm glad you guys had a great time and got some signitures and really, what better way to finish off an already great day by having 2 Dr. Peppers on the table at all times????
I do not have the love of hockey but I am sure glad that the team you love won! That is always a good time!!
Post a Comment