Cypress 2nd Ward has officially dethroned the singles ward. Yesterday, Matt & the rest of the ward basketball team beat the singles ward in the stake basketball championships. Matt scored like 14 or 15 points - dropping in 3s like nothing. It was pretty exciting beacuse our ward's not done much in a while and the guys from the singles ward are pretty cocky & hung up on their basketball (maybe why they're still single). I feel dumb that I didn't bring a camera to take a picture of the team or something but then I probably would've felt dumb if I was going to take a picture of a bunch of middle aged men (and Matt). Oh well, something to remember for next time.
That was part of Matt's most awesome day. First, his new CD/DVD player for his car came in and his friend installed it for him. The first movie he played on it? Back to the Future. Part of me was surprised and then not so much either. Then they won the championship. Then we went and saw Spiderman 3 with a bunch of couple friends from our ward, which for the record rocked - you should all see it.
Then when we were driving home after the movie close to 1 AM, Matt almost got really PO-ed. We were stopped at a light and all of a sudden we heard screeching tires, heard a crash, and felt Matt's car move. We thought we got hit. So we drove back around the corner to get out of the way. There was a car in the lane right next to us that rear ended another car. When that guy got out of his car, he said he didn't even think he hit anything. Obviously we thought he was drunk. Turns out that Matt's car didn't have a scratch on it, no scuff marks, nothing. So apparently because the impact was so close it just moved us like a little earthquake or something. And it turned out that the guy that got rear ended was completely hammered. So we're ok, we didn't get hit, and apparently we're really really lucky that we were that close and nothing happened to us. So it stayed a great day for Matt B.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I'm glad you guys didn't get hit. I was just reading on my friend Angie's blog that she got rear ended by a cop last week! Can't wait to see Spiderman 3. Glad to hear its awesome. Now a question...why does Matt need a DVD player for his car????? I'm confused.
Well I know about car accidents and I am glad you did not have to deal with one. I am sure I will have another one in no time. Anyways be careful with the dvd player don't want you to get in an accident because you are distracted!!
Stupid drunk people! I hate them! I'm so glad nothing bad happened to you guys. Wish we could have seen Spiderman 3 with you, but we were in bed long before 1am. Good job in the basketball game Matt B!
Post a Comment