Tuesday, March 20, 2012

All - American Past Times

We've had a couple milestones here in the Brinks 3 household. First off, Daniel has been really into baseball lately, wanting to hit the ball off the tee or play catch. Don't know exactly where it came from but I love me some baseball so I'm all for it. But we had a problem - Matt didn't have a glove. Daniel would have him use his miniture one and it looked a bit ridiculous. So we went out and bought Matt his first grown up glove. And let me tell you that first day when we got home I think they were out front playing catch for an hour.
Next, Matt has decided that it was time that Daniel start his journey with Star Wars. I was unaware that not only having seen the movies but also your love for the movies was a decisive factor in how American you are. My patriotism is still questioned today because although I have seen all 6 episodes (Matt made me) I do not love them like I should. Anyways, we watched episodes 4 - 6 at home and then took Daniel to the theaters to see episode 1 on the big screen. And he loved it. He immediately wanted a light saber (of course) but we couldn't find the green one that he wanted so we settled on a blue one. However, when we were in Colorado a few weeks ago, Michael informed Daniel that he had a green light saber that Daniel could HAVE! So a big shout out to super awesome cousin Michael for giving Daniel not only a green light saber but a purple one as well. He got total cool points. Now Daniel likes to randomly pull out his light saber and start fights with daddy. My favorite part is the sound effects he makes. =)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I don't think there is anything wrong with you for not LOVING star wars. If it makes us unamerican, then so be it. Lets move to France!

Lindsay said...

That's so fun that he loves baseball! What a fun thing for him and Matt to do together. Also, I don't love Star Wars either, I just put up with it because the men love it so much.