Sunday, January 01, 2012

Naples Night

The one thing that I think I look forward to the most every Christmas season is this FHE we get invited to by people in the ward. They invite practically the whole ward to their house where we carpool down to Naples in Long Beach and walk along the canal to look at Christmas lights and then go back to their house for hot chocolate, homemade apple cider (my favorite), and goodies. When we got there, the first house we saw was Clark Griswold's house. Not the actual one but that's how the house was decorated, down to the trailor and uncle Eddie emptying the sewage. I got some pictures to share.






They even had the Santa lawn decoration that he kicks!


Then there was this one house that had a roller coaster in their yard with a mickey mouse, elmo, and a headless ET dolls. Daniel was super excited about this one and that's where the picture came from. The picture doesn't do justice how thrilled he was! After looking at the lights we went back for goodies and the missionaries came over for goodies. One of the missionaries we really like because he's still himself and is still a really good missionary. I forget how it came up but he mentioned that he had a dream that David Archuleta was his mission companion and it was the worst nightmare of his life! It was hilarious! Can't wait for next years Naples night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved that house...one of the best ever! Glad to get to spend time with you there!

Lindsay said...

I want my house to look like that someday! Not even kidding, I do! That picture of Daniel is amazing, he is so handsome! And does the missionary know that David Archuleta has announced that he is going on a mission? His nightmare could come true!