Saturday, September 04, 2010

Colorado Summer 2010

This year, the Scentsy Convention was in Denver so Matt & I decided that since we didn't have many other plans for the summer, we'd make a 2 week trip out of it. We got to my grandparent's in Cedar City on Saturday the 24th of July and we were able to spend most of the day with them. We were also lucky enough to have my dad's Aunt Pam & Uncle Larry & my cousin Bobby & his wife and kids in town too. I hadn't seen Bobby & Rachel since our wedding so that was a good time.

We got to Colorado on Sunday afternoon and Daniel and Brooklyn became fast friends. As we were driving to Colorado, Colton was driving to Utah and we passed each other somewhere between Glenwood Springs and Newcastle. He says he gave us the "rock on" sign with his pinky and index fingers, and I know we were going about 75 mph but it looked like he was flipping us off from the other side of the road! Lindsay and Colton were moving from Colorado to Utah, their second move in as many months, and we were lucky enough to be able to be there to help them this time. I'm totally not being sarcastic - we were happy to do it. So that's what we did for a couple of days, finish packing and getting their things out and into Torrey and Lou Anne's house for 2 two weeks. Then on Wednesday, my mom flew into Denver to come to convention & the Brinks 2 came into town. Convention was Wednesday night through Friday and it was good times getting all our free stuff. A huge shout out to Matt & the other men for watching all 10 kids while we were away.

Then on Saturday, the men went and loaded the moving truck and then picked up the tables and chairs for Ali & Phil's wedding party. With the changes last year, they were never able to really celebrate with everyone so they figured since everyone was in town, let's do it! Us girls set up and I totally went into Orange County Catering mode, fluffing, staging, organizing, replenishing, etc. It was a lot of work but it was fun! I forgot how much I actually like doing that. The party was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast just rocking out dancing - it was so funny!


The next day we had baby Savannah's blessing. After missing Natalie's baptism, we felt so bad about it and decided we wouldn't be missing anything else so important so we were glad we could be there for the blessing. Savannah looked absolutely georgous in her big poofy dress! The Brinks 2 left after that but we all went back to To and Lo's to hang out the rest of the day. The rest of the week we kind of just chilled. We were able to visit Neil, Jessica, & Ellie while we were there so that was really fun. I can't believe how big & beautiful that little girl has gotten!


We decided to drive straight through home that following Friday instead of stopping at my grandparents'. 15 hours. Daniel was actually a really good kid most of the time but I was so antsy by the 12 hour mark. It's nice to know we CAN do it but I'm not sure we WILL do it again. All in all, we had a great time and I'm glad we were able to spend so much time with Matt's family.

Watching Monsters Inc with Great Grandma Judie
Holding baby Savannah - at least it isn't from when he stuck his face into Lindsay's chest because he was interested in the whole breast feeding thing.
Kids hosing each other off from getting dirty outside
Aww! He likes his Aunt Lindsay now!
Watching youtube videos

Playing football with uncle Josh

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am so glad that you didn't mind helping us pack and move! You guys are the best! It was so fun to see you guys, we love you!

Lou Anne said...

Thanks for being here with us - we love you!!

Ali B. said...

It was a fantastic time!! Loved being introduced to Glee!