Friday, October 09, 2009

Ya Ya

That's Daniel's favorite phrase right now. We ask him if he wants to play outside and he responds "Ya Ya!" My favorite though is when he asks for "nummy nummys" (food or drink of any kind) and we ask him if that's what he wants and says ya ya while laughing out loud because he's so excited about his snack. It makes us happy every time we hear it. Plus we're super excited that he learned "ya" before "no" - we were a little worried about that! Daniel, by the way, has totally adjusted to being in the new house. It didn't even seem to phase him, like he was always here. We're pretty happy about not having to worry about an adjustment period. Speaking of the house, it's coming along. S...L...O...W...L...Y... We've had lots of help from my parents, with painting and dry wall and changing out the garbage disposal, so that's been a huge step forward. We keep making progress every day so hopefully we'll have some "after" pictures up really soon. And apparently we're supposed to have a housewarming party??? I don't know anything about how to go about that but we're going to the Hicken's tomorrow so maybe I'll totally jack all their ideas! Hope they don't mind! =)

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

I can't wait to hear little "ya-ya!" Matt says he's like Ya Ya from Sandlot! I can't wait to see finished pics of your home. And as for a housewarming party, I never had one so I am of no help. I think it's a way to get people to give you presents.

The Hickens said...

Hey! Yes a house is a lot of work! (even if it's already fixed up) It's unbelievable! It will get there don't worry. I just think about all of the calories I'm burning while working around here! Sorry I didn't get to talk to you guys more... I was making my way over to you just as you guys were leaving! Anyway, see you soon! ps...don't know if there is any ideas we had to steal but feel free!

Julie said...

I'm with Linds. Never had a housewarming party, kinda wished that I had! Hahahahah! Can't wait to see you guys in 4 more sleeps!

Ryan and Candice Nelson said...

Love before and after pictures, can't wait! And Daniel is too stinkin cute :)