Now that it's been over a month since the party and 2 weeks since graduation, I'm finally posting! We had Daniel's 1st birthday party on Saturday, May 9th and invited more people than I thought I was going to. Just family and a few friends is all I said. Then I forgot how many family members and friends we had... Anyways, I think it was a great success. We had a sports theme (of course) with red and blue and it's amazing what a dozen balloons and a couple of streamers will do. Daniel went crazy when Becca walked in with all the balloons! I wish I had the camera on to catch his reaction - it was so funny! We had pizza and fruit and just hung out mostly. Daniel got a ton of presents: toys, books, food & utensils, a blanket, and clothes. He made out like a bandit. He loves playing with everything and I love that I won't have to buy new summer clothes at all! Instead of cake for everyone, I made cupcakes instead and I decided I was going to be all cute and make them look like little footballs, baseballs, and basketballs. Ya, not my smartest move. They turned out really cute but I was so stressed out making them! I made Daniel's cake that he got to eat himself. I wanted to make a small round cake that was maybe 6 inches across with a 2nd layer but I didn't have the pan so I ended up making a double layer 10 inch cake, which obviously was too big. As is tradition in my family, we stripped Daniel down to his diaper, put him on the table and let him go at the cake. And did he ever go at the cake. Once he realized that it was ok, he was all over it! He wasn't just playing with it either - he was eating. Literally shoving in pieces of cake that were bigger than his fists could actually hold. He went through almost the whole top layer and part of the bottom. The only reason he stopped was because we took the cake away from him! We were afraid that he was going to be sick or up the entire rest of the day and night on a sugar high but nothing unusual happened. He went down a little later for his nap but otherwise, no side effects. Not even a bad diaper. Which I am very thankful for! Here are some pictures from the party.

And this isn't even the end - see how much cake he's eaten!
On to graduation - Matt's been a total rock star about going to school and got through it all with his Bachelors in Business Administration, Management. He finished at Cal State Long Beach in December but obviously they don't walk until May. So on Wednesday, May 27th Matt was able to participate in his graduation ceremony. Torrey and Lou Anne were able to come in Wednesday morning for it so that was a special treat for us. Both his parents, both my parents, & Becca were able to join Daniel and me in cheering for Matt and watching him walk. To be honest, I thought as soon as they called his name and he walked across the stage he was going to have us all leave because the Nuggets were playing that night, but surprisingly he stayed the whole time. Afterwards we would have gone to a nice dinner but he wanted to go home with everyone and watch the rest of the basketball game so he ordered Papa John's and my dad brought Dr. Pepper so it's exactly how he would've wanted to spend the evening. We're all really proud of him and can't wait for him to finish his masters!


5 comments:
oh my goodness...I must see your little boy again! Isn't that totally him to not just play in the cake, but stuff as much down as possible? Congrats to Matt!
THose are big handfuls of cake! Congrats again to Matt. We are proud of you too!
Yeah for the birthday and graduation post! Daniel looks like he was in heaven with that cake, so super cute! And even though a nice dinner after grad would have been nice, I'm glad that Matt got to celebrate how he wanted to, by watching the Nuggets!
Daniel is so cute! And Congrats to Matt! Can't wait to see you next week!
Yay for your boys!! (and you!) We totally love the cake pictures. Danieal is such a litle cutie pie. i just want to squeeze his cheeks
Post a Comment